At the end of Gnomedex 9, photographer Kris Krug graced our stage once again. Last year, he presented his best photography tips to us in order to help us all capture conference moments (and life moments!) more effectively. This year, he provided an awesome and fun look back at this year’s conference by giving away photo awards. Here, in order of appearance, are this year’s photo winners!
- Too Stylish to be a Real Geek – Brady Forrest
- I’m Gonna Kick Your Ass – Drew Olanoff for his fight against Cancer.
- Silver Fox – Buzz Bruggeman
- Best Facial Hair (other than Kris!) – Jim Roberts
- Swami in a Cowboy Hat – Shashi Bellamkonda
- Celebrity Look-Alike – Chris Pirillo
- Best Gnomedex Photo EVAH! – Airdrie Miller
- Cutest Couple – Jay Grandin and Leah Nelson. Honorable mention to Paige and Amber, who may not really be a couple… but Kris fully believes in the power of positive thinking! Lastly, but not least in MY book… Robert Scoble and Chris Pirillo. That’s just… scary.
- I Wanna be KK! – Randy Stewart for helping Kris out and filling in with the camera as needed.
- Let’s Ride Bikes! – Everyone with our short attention spans. Group lap dance later!
- Most Immediately Useful Gnomedex Presentation – Phil Plait
- More Fun then the Death Star – Maker Bot!
- Hot Boy that we want to Clone in the Maker Bot – Bre Pettis himself
- Most Inquisitive AKA I’m Smarter Than You! – Teresa – who asked a gazillion interesting questions.
- In Real Life I’m Actually Quite Likable – Robert Scoble
- At Least My Slides are Hot and I Talked About Sex – Christine Peterson
- Darth Vader Heart of Darkness – Todd Friesen
- Love Bug – Danielle Sipple
Thanks so much to Kris and Danielle for all their hard work taking so many hundreds of excellent photos this year, and for the fun wrap-up to our conference.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: