Fliptop was introduced at the DEMO conference this week in Florida. This application will make you sit up and take notice. You may even gasp loudly, and trip over your fingers in your rush to grab this for yourself. RSS feeds can be a pain to manage – we all know this. Additionally, normal RSS feeds only offer you a direct feed that you have to add to a reader of some sort.
Fliptop has several interesting features that normal RSS feeds do not. The application gives you the ability to filter content by keyword, follow only certain topics or categories that interest you, and allows you to receive email digests of only the things you want to see. The service is available in two different styles. One is designed with website owners in mind. The other, of course, is geared towards the users who visit those sites.
The interface for site owners will give you a button to embed on your site. When clicked, the button will ask the user which topics they want to follow. Below that there is the option to also filter by keywords. The user then chooses how they wish to be alerted to new content: via traditional RSS feed, email, Twitter, Facebook, or text message. If you want to receive email updates, you can also tell the application how often you want to hear from them.
After reading all about Fliptop, I can admit that I will be tripping over my own fingers very soon in my rush. What about you? How fast will you be typing this into your favorite search engine?
- Have you checked out Remmina yet?
- Muziic is one of the best applications available if you are a music lover.
- What happens when school is really REALLY boring?
- Be careful when upgrading your operating system. You don’t want to corrupt your partitions.
- What is Virtual Linux?
- Motorola Droid owners are still waiting for their update.
- iThink, therefore iAm.
- What exactly is Microsoft hoping to accomplish with the next version of Internet Explorer?
- AVG offers a free CD (or other portable tools) to help you get back up and running again.
- A Developer’s guide to getting it on: Twitter Style.
- What ten cities run the highest risk of cybercrime according to Symantec?
- If you are a Firefox user, please make sure you grab the newest update as soon as you can.
- Don’t get stuck on stupid – purchase an upgrade!
- Why won’t Dan ever use Google Chrome?
Don’t forget to see what’s new in the software center today.