Project Phoenix understands that the economy isn’t doing so hot right now. They also understand that developers are an integral part of moving technology AND the economy into the future. Even though you may be underemployed – or even completely unemployed – right now, the folks at Project Phoenix wants to help. Over the next five months, 24 of you will be selected to receive a pretty sweet package of software and tools to help you in pursuing your development goals.
Each week, one eligible developer will be selected due to their non-profit proposals submitted. They’ll then receive a package of software, dev tools, training and books.
You are invited to propose a software project for a non-profit agency, school, or church. The idea is that we will provide a package of the latest software, tools, and training resources to help you improve your skills, get up to date with current technologies, gain practical experience, potentially earn a recommendation for your efforts, and in general, enjoy the feeling of accomplishing something useful for others. We are not giving out a ‘free lunch’, just supporting your efforts to personally gain from your own ‘sweat equity’. The award packages are provided with the support and generosity of the Microsoft MVP’s and vendors listed below.
The winners will receive:
- Microsoft: Visual Studio Ultimate with MDSN subscription
- Pluralsight: three (3) month Standard subscription to On-Demand!™ .NET Training Library
- APress: three books(3) of the winner’s choice
- O’Reilly Press: three (3) eBooks of the winner’s choice
- ComponentOne: license for Studio Enterprise components and tools
- Microsoft Learning: Vouchers for two (2) Free Certification Exams
- Quest Software: license for Toad® for SQL Server
You can find full details on the contest page, which will outline criteria that must be met, as well as the types of projects available to work on.