ClayValet ClayValet was a presenter at Live Pitch 2008 in Seattle. ClayValet provides a service for shopping websites that allows them to give personal attention and advice to their customers. Their shoppers are normal people who are experienced and comfortable with online shopping. They are not experts themselves, but they know where to look, how to compare prices and whom to trust. Right now, the service is completely free! You can submit up to five requests per week, at no cost to you.
- Business Category: Tech Startup
- Founder: Mikhail Seregine
- Inspiration for Product/Service: We saw our friends who shop online being frustrated by overwhelming choices and difficult websites. In helping them find what they wanted, and watching ourselves shop, we observed behavior patterns that could be translated into a scalable service.
- Target Customer/Audience: The end users of our service are online shoppers, but our customers are comparison shopping websites that emphasize selection and choice.
- Synopsis of Product / Service: We provide a service for shopping websites that allows them to give personal attention and advice to their customers. A shopper can submit a form or email to the website with a request written in plain English, such as “I want a toy for small children to develop manual dexterity”. Behind the scenes, our software orchestrates automated research and human attention to produce simple, useful recommendations.
- Main Company Contact: Darcy Camden
What do you think about this business idea? Leave your thoughts!
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: