I read an article on TechCrunch earlier today, discussing how Twitter will soon dominate the Internet, replacing even Google as the king. This made me stop and think for a bit. I mean, come on… Google is, well… Google! Do we honestly believe that anything could topple it from its undeniable reign at the top of the Internet ladder? The answer is a resounding YES.
I blather on about Twitter all of the time. Hell, half the World talks about Twitter, and with good reason. Twitter isn’t just some hot new fad where people talk about what they ate for lunch. Sure, we post silly things in our tweet stream. But Twitter is so much more than that, and it’s time more people accept that fact – and embrace it!
Twitter is one of the fastest and most accurate news sources out there. It may not have been intended by the creators to serve as such, but that is exactly what it is doing. When news happens, you can find it on Twitter within literal seconds. People who are on the scene of accidents post immediate updates as soon as they know them. Anyone in the vicinity of where there is something newsworthy happening whip their phones out and tweet faster than you can blink your eyes.
Twitter is also fast becoming an amazing way for businesses to connect with their customers, just as Frank Eliason discussed at Gnomedex recently. Your customers are on Twitter, so your business better be there, as well.
What are your thoughts? Do you think Twitter will soon replace Google as the Internet King? Have you read any other interesting tidbits today? If so, I’d love a link to them. I’m always looking for something new and thought-provoking to read, other than what we find on both Geeks and Lockergnome every day!
- What differences will you find in the different versions of Windows 7?
- Will there be electronic exams in our future?
- Are you going to pay for Hulu?
- How do you correct corrupted partitions?
- Why do men usually refuse to go see a doctor?
- Does your computer have character?
- Is Raindrop the new conversation aggregator?
- Can you tell the difference between different audio quality settings?
- Not everyone is on cloud 9 when using Windows 7. At least one of our bloggers is living in Windows Hell right now.
- Is it possible to make the Macs more affordable for the general population?
- MultiTouch is here – now.
- Do you even realize that Windows 7 was not the only important piece of software released today?
Are you looking for discounts on the hottest and newest software that is available? We have a team putting deals together every day for every platform you can think of: mobile apps, windows software, mac apps, and more!