Google is ticked off at the US government – to the point of filing a lawsuit. When the Department of the Interior sent out an RFQ (Request for Quote) recently, they refused to accept offers and solutions from the Google team. The RFQ specifically stated that the solution had to be part of the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite.
Google claims that this is “unduly restrictive of competition,” and they may just have an excellent point. The DOI justified limiting its offerings to Microsoft, by saying that Microsoft had two things that other solution providers did not: unified/consolidated email and “enhanced security.” Google, of course, disputes this statement.
What do you think? Is it fair of the DOI – or any government entity – to be that restrictive?
- Sorry Mac users – there will be no USB 3.0 for you!
- What are the top ten most dangerous places to use your social security number?
- How could Apple possibly upgrade the iPhone more than it is?
- Should Steve Ballmer continue in his role as the “face” of Microsoft?
- Turkish users have regained access to YouTube after a two-year ban.
- Two years after promises were made to change things, Internet Explorer still isn’t “safe.”
- What does Thanksgiving really mean?
- Why is it difficult to always know what is professional – and what might not be?
- If you report the completely obvious, is it really news?
- When it comes to Apple and Motorola – who is the one doing the suing?
- What is Our Drive?
- Do you become frustrated when a comic isn’t depicted exactly the same as it was on television?
- Where do you choose to sit on an airplane?
- An iPhone glitch made users across Europe late for work today!
- What types of clients do you attract?
- Could an integrated SIM be coming to the iPhone?
- Is it wrong for governments to ban texting while driving?
- What geeky thing would you like to accomplish still in your life?
- The Verizon iPhone will test the fabric of time and space.
- Would you enjoy a solar-powered eco-friendly watch?
- Twitter ads are now appearing in the HootSuite stream.
- Would you embark on a new career at age 70?
- Are you an adrenaline junkie?
- Sadly, money trumps intelligence much of the time.
- MicroHoo has gone live with adCENTER.
- Why should you remove your personal information from Facebook?
- Do you believe time travel is possible?
- Who are you people, anyway?
- Where is the iPod charger?
- Have you ever had a friend fail moment on Facebook?
- One debt-collecting firm is accused of setting up a bogus courtroom.
- Are Internet Cafes already a thing of the past?
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today.