Religion is a touchy subject for many, and Google apparently knows that. If you Google the words Christianity is, you’ll see some interesting results. The second one asks “Is Christianity Absurd?”, while a few results down, you’ll see a proclamation of “Christianity is Stupid”. This holds true for many different religions when you Google the same types of phrases.
However, you won’t see sites or results like this when you search for things related to Islam. Google is apparently blocking all search suggestions like this for Islam, but why? Are they removing any chances of someone being offended by a search suggestion? Are they covering their proverbial rear ends?
Have we really reached a stage where search results have to be filtered, due to the fear that someone might be offended enough to start a war? Do we need to censor virtually everything we say and do in order to keep the peace in this World? What are your thoughts?
What else have you read online today that is interesting or intriguing?
- Death by Twitter: How to Effectively Kill any Business Relationship
- Was the FCC Chairman’s Facebook account hacked?
- How does a burglar work?
- Does Twitter need a reality check?
- A new decade has brought seven new downloadable Nintendo games.
- Will 2010 start off with a Tech bang?
- The iPhone still has plenty of room to blow your mind – again.
- Is profiling an airport security necessity?
- Why are so many companies out to bash each other, rather than focusing on their own products?
- Perhaps intelligence tests should be required.
- Has AT&T asked the FCC to eradicate landline phones?!
- Is technology hurting the World more than it is helping?
- Will natural gas be able to save the US?
- Why do we express ourselves with Tshirts?
Be sure to check out all of the newest and hottest pieces of software available today in our downloads center.