The iPad officially became available for pre-order earlier today. A group of particularly prudent Apple fans from the APPL Sanity Board at Investor Village decided to put together a spreadsheet of order numbers, times that orders were placed and contents of those order. After six hours of tracking the data, the group reported that nearly 90,000 orders had been placed for the iPad. This does not count multiple orders (a single consumer can order two at a time), nor ship-to-store orders, for which no payment is required. In reality, the number of iPads ordered today is likely well over 100,000!!
According to Victor Castroll from the Valcent Financial Group and AAPL Sanity, “$54 million in revenue in a quarter of a day is a great opening. Looks like contrary to much speculation about who would actually want one of these, like the iPhone, people are voting with their wallets. Considering these are just pre-orders for a product still three weeks out, iPad is home run.”
Whether or not you think you want an iPad, a whole lot of people out there have already decided! What are your thoughts? Are you planning to get an iPad, or did you pre-order one today?
- Teens – don’t expose your location on Twitter!
- Most people don’t understand Cyber Threats.
- How difficult is it to delete a partition?
- Geeks love coffee. Geeks NEED coffee. How does a Geek learn to live without coffee?
- Get a grip with Twitter Tips.
- One member of our community is starring in a music video! Excellent work, David!
- What would a conversation with Ben Parr be like?
- Toyota’s problems are not unprecedented… just ask people at other car manufacturing companies.
- Where do you find the best tips when trying to improve your blog or website?
- China is heading into a showdown with Google.
- How do you survive your performance review?
- Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online
- Do you know how to avoid seven common mistakes of IT Security Compliance?
- Is it time to look outside of Adobe?
- Houston, we have a clue – Ubuntu is coming pre-installed on even more systems!
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today!