Do you remember back in 1981 when the floppy disc first made its appearance? At the time, it was a fairly large leap in technology and portability. While many of you young people may snort and scoff at that statement, I assure you it was true of the times more than twenty years ago. As of last year, Sony was still reportedly selling around 8.5 million of these little discs in Japan alone.
However, due to the changing times, Sony has announced they will stop making floppies. Sony wrapped up international sales of floppy discs last month. The company already stopped producing the drives last September. Sadly, it’s the end of an era for those of us who remember. It will be interesting to see how many old-school Geeks will have a fit over this turn of events. I do happen to know people who actually still USE their old beloved floppies.
Are you still a die-hard floppy disc user? Does your computer even HAVE a place to use them?
- What’s your favorite gaming snack?
- Keep your home secure when selling.
- The plot thickens: Police are now investigating the “stolen” iPhone.
- You’ll Flip over who’s on first.
- What is the future of Augmented Reality?
- China is getting tough about birth control.
- Is the iPad overpriced?
- How can you start blogging like a pro?
- Which came first: the Virus or the AntiVirus?
- Do you remember the Good Old Days?
- A common sinus condition has been officially linked to second-hand smoke.
- Is your program ready for grandma?
- We finally have real search competition.
- How did you ever survive your childhood?
- Samsung will pre-load Yahoo onto millions of phones.
- A gene that ties stress to obesity and Diabetes has been identified.
- One government health official is recommending you get more lovin’.
- What are the top five actual school excuse notes?
- How does Craigslist make a lot of money?
Even if you don’t have a floppy disc drive on your computer, you can still take advantage of the software discounts we have available for you.