- Last week, Pope Benedict XVI quoted a Byzantine emperor who characterized the Prophet Muhammad as “evil and inhuman.” In protest, several Muslims set fire to five churches in Palestine. I’m not sure whether to laugh or to cry.
- Who coined the “Islamic fascist” label? It’s manipulating language to further fan the flames of hatred and fear. Why not simply call them “facsists” – or stick with “terrorists?” I don’t remember abortion clinic bombers being called “Christian fascists,” do you?
- Why is Clinton so upset over this weekend’s Fox News interview? Was he forced to do it by gunpoint? Did he have the option to screen the questions? Were they fair questions to ask? Is there such a thing as a fair question?
- Why won’t Nancy Grace shut up about the Duckett case already?! She needs to wake up and realize that she’s not in a court of law, but a television studio.
- Why am I hearing a lot of “they want to kill your family” talk from the American media? I wonder if that’s what we’re being accused of on the other side of the fence. The problem is: I don’t want to kill anybody, anywhere.
- Why do I keep hearing the “N” word in popular music?! If they’re going to say it, people (of all races) are going to repeat it – and that’s not something I’m terribly comfortable with, if only because I’m white and nerdy. It’s one piece of pop culture that I wish would just go away.
- Why do people still vote along party lines? Isn’t that like buying a certain brand, even though that brand has started to diminish in quality over the years – based on it being “the brand?”
I’m going on record by stating that user generated content is often user generated CRAP. Still, that didn’t stop me from forcing Brad to publish today’s bLaugh with an empty caption bubble. We’re asking the audience – all two of you – to fill in the blank. I’m hoping that Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Whigs, and “Islamic Fascists” will be able to drop the debate for just a moment and make the world a funnier place…
My suggestion: “That’s the last time I install a patch issued by Homeland Security developers.”