Earlier tonight, I posted here on my blog about what to do with your digital assets when you pass away. That’s quite thought-provoking, isn’t it? Think about it. I bet you have a Myspace or Facebook account. You probably have a Twitter account. I *hope* you have a Geeks account. You have email accounts. You have IM accounts. I have no idea what all other websites and forums you might belong to, as well. Face it – your life is online a lot more than you probably realize.
Thinking of our own mortality is not something we generally like to do. I know I don’t, and I’m willing to bet you don’t either. Sadly, it’s a fact of life… we will all die one day. Instead of putting something important off until a tomorrow that may never come, you should do something about it today. Check out that post, and the site that it talks about. Do yourself, your friends, your family and your social contacts a favor, and make the inevitable a little easier for them to manage.
I didn’t only read my own posts today, though. Of course I spent time going through our great community, seeing what all of you are up to. I love doing these roundups, where I can highlight some of the best that’s out there. Make sure you take time to check in on others… and post something great yourself, so that you can be featured next!
- Apple’s App banning policy – is there an App for that?
- How do you fix a budding community that has gone awry?
- Share your music and be your own DJ!
- What exactly is FeedMil?
- Have you ever deleted a Linux partition in Windows?
- Happy Cinco de Mayo – with excellent Mexican food and beer!
- Google has hired goats?!
- Is Oracle a threat to OpenOffice?
- Create your own Twitter clone.
- Create QR codes and barcodes with ease.
- Are parental controls needed for kids with iPhones?
- Are Smart Cars and a Smart Grid the answer to our energy woes?
- Time Warner wants Consumption-Based billing in their company.