Facebook doesn’t think you have enough friends! Earlier today, the site started pushing its Friend Finder tool at the top of the main News Feed when you log in to the service. The feature suggests you use it by showing you the photos of three existing friends that have already used the tool to find new friends too. The reasoning behind this sudden push is pretty obvious: the more friends you have, the more you’ll use the site. Thankfully, there is an option to permanently make the notification disappear if you don’t want to use it.
I can see the pros and cons of having this on the main page, right out there to be seen immediately upon logging in. Sure, you may find even more friends. You also may have more people find you… possibly people you wouldn’t necessarily want to be friends with. Some people are very selective as to who they add to their friends list. Those people will likely not enjoy the deluge of new friend requests waiting for their approval (or denial!) tomorrow morning.
There has been a lot of news today in our world. Devastation in Haiti… Google in China… Friends on Facebook! There have also been a number of excellent posts made right within our community. I hope you had a chance to make your thoughts known.
- Total Recall – How the eMemory Revolution will Change Everything
- One person’s disillusionment with eBay leads them to never visit the site again.
- If you’re interested in being a guest blogger on Lockergnome, now is your chance!
- Will WalMart and Sprint be joining forces for a WiMAX rollout?
- Do you know how to conserve energy?
- Google is battening down the hatches.
- How do you completely clear a hard drive of all its files and information?
- Is the art of benchmarking going wild?
- System76 has released the fastest Linux notebook yet.
- Appify your life!
- McAfee is helping to ban infected PCs from Facebook.
Don’t forget to wander over to our downloads page to find the latest software deals on the ‘net!