According to at least one source, Facebook received more UK Internet visits than Google’s UK search portal on Christmas Day, accounting for 10.50% of all UK Internet visits on that day. This trend shows that people were more interested in connecting with their friends and family during the holiday than in finding out what the latest tech news was. In the grand scheme of life, though, I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot more reports like this in the near future.
As each day passes, we are becoming more social. There are about a bajillion people already on Facebook. It’s not that I think Zuck and company will “kill” Google – I simply think we are going to put more emphasis on getting advice and information from our connections. We will start to turn to them for recommendations and reviews by slapping a question on our Wall. Think carefully about what you use Google for – and what you do on Facebook all day long. Can the two become interchangeable?
Is it possible that you may just leave all search engines behind in the future?
- Do you have what it takes to work from home?
- How do you diagnose computer issues?
- What’s the best way to decide how much a piece of software is worth?
- What do you tell your clients about security?
- The Verizon iPhone rumors are (almost!) confirmed.
- Dr Dre is suing a small company for creating “knockoff” Beats.
- How do you figure out how much power your PSU actually needs?
- 500 million tax dollars are going to be spent on a cancelled rocket.
- Can the education provided in medical schools be changed to keep up with technology?
- Lost wallets often lead to Identity Theft.
- Which firewall appliance do you use?
- Using green sauce in your mexican dishes is simple – and yummy!
- What does Bank of America have to fear from WikiLeaks?
- How will you recover your lost iPhone?
- Why won’t other computers show up in the network?
- How do you capture your screen on OS X?
- Why would TweetDeck in Chrome make someone want to switch to HootSuite?
- What causes fanboys to hate other products with such vehemence?
- Ack! Where did my iTunes library go, and how the heck will I get it back?
- Google’s space program is launching Android devices into orbit.
- Is Apple TV worth buying yet?
- Which eReader do you recommend these days?
- The Windows Family Pack is coming to an end on December 31st.
- Straight Talk is expanding their handset offerings – AND their carrier choices.
- Have you ever tried connecting a phone to your television?
- Did you purchase any holiday gifts for yourself?
- Mercedes has delivered the first Hydrogen vehicle to California.
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today.