I wear many hats along my chosen career path: writer, live streamer, speaker and mentor. The best part of what I do, though, is to help build our community. Make no mistake, it is our community, not mine. I simply provide the various tools to bring all of you together.
Tonight, I was reminded why it is that I do this. Kat pointed out that it is now (today, October 1st) one year since we lost long-time community member Cory (Gimpi) Carrier. I have already seen many of you commenting in various places about Cory, how much you miss and love him. He was a driving force behind what we did back in the beginning… providing comic relief, different perspectives and fresh ideas. He left a large mark in our hearts and lives.
Kat and Cory were very close friends, and I know how much her heart is breaking again today. As she and I were talking earlier, she explained what he meant to her:
He was such a vibrant and important part of our community – and of my life. He taught me things about the way the world looks at others. He opened my eyes to new ways of thinking about things. He showed me what type of person I only wish I could be on the inside. And most of all… he became MY hero.
THIS is why I do what I do. Connecting people together to create change, connections and lasting friendships is what it’s all about. The bonds that can be made when people join together due to a common thread are amazing to watch as they grow and strengthen. I am humbled to be a part of it. Thank you – all of you – for being a part of our community.
- Google is proposing a new image format.
- What game did you play the most often when growing up?
- Do you use a tool to sync your bookmarks?
- Playing video games prepares your brain for bigger tasks in life.
- Do you know how to spot wire transfer fraud schemes?
- Teenage suicide is preventable.
- How would you decorate a new office space?
- How can heating our homes help to reduce climate changes?
- Why are so many Yahoo! staff members jumping ship?
- Customize your Finder sidebar.
- Does GIMP even begin to compare to Photoshop?
- How energy-efficient is your computer?
- Some Android apps are sending covert GPS data.
- Can the Xmarks service be saved?
- Have you ever given or received love letters or mixed cassette tapes?
- Why won’t my custom Favicon show up?!
- Have you taken a look at the Google Phone Gallery?
- Put GIMPbox back in the oven.
- Are all computer speakers made the same?
- Do you own a solar backpack?
- Windows Live Essentials is finally out of beta!
- Make yourself some ice cream in the blender!
- Which classic movies have you never bothered to watch?
- Do guys (especially geeky ones) even care about fashion?
- Is it 30M or 300K, Microsoft? Who is counting the Live Spaces?
- Use your smartphone to accept credit cards.
- What tabs are open on your screen right now?
- Do you recommend computer fans that glow?
- Although Steve Jobs said that Internet tethering wouldn’t be coming to the iPad, the beta 2 of iOS 4.2 for iPad shows us differently.
Please take the time to visit our software center today.