According to a new study, it’s not teens who text the most while driving. The guilty parties, actually, are adults. The Pew Research Center says that of those adults polled, 47 percent of respondents admit they either send or read messages while at the wheel of a vehicle.
Amongst teens aged 16 and 17, only about 34% tend to text while driving. Pew’s senior researcher, Mary Madden, said “There’s been a lot of focus on young drivers, and for good reasons. But this research provides an important reminder that adults are setting a bad example.” Several states already have a ban on texting while driving, and seven have banned the use of cell phones altogether while driving. However, the U.S. Senate is voting right now on banning texting nationwide.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that your company is allowed to read text messages sent and received on company-issued devices.
- Should Windows drop NTFS in favor of a more organized file system?
- How do you pass the time during a power outage?
- Where are you supposed to turn if you suspect you have been the victim of Identity Theft?
- Are you considering purchasing the HTC Evo 4G?
- What would you say to your boss if you knew you could get away with it?
- What new features do you expect to see in Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1?
- What causes people to have trouble finding jobs?
- Do you use a video ringtone?
- How do you share videos via email?
- Has Hollywood run out of ideas?
- What client or service do you use to post status messages across multiple platforms?
- iPhone 4 has been confirmed to have 512 MB of RAM.
- Life really is what you make of it!
- Which non web-based RSS reader do you use?
- Google Chrome has added a built-in PDF viewer. Will other browsers follow suit?
- Lunatics Geek Weekend for June 18th is already underway! Post your favorite funnies.
- Do you believe the world Google should officially be classified as a verb?
- Uh-oh SpaghettiOs! Campbells has recalled 15 million pounds of the tasty noodles.
- How do you browse through classified ads?
- DeskScapes has added a wallpaper recoloring function.
- Are you a Gimp user?
You don’t have to worry about crashing when you grab the latest software and apps from our download center.