I love how during my travels through our sites every day, I come across something that really makes me stop and think. Today’s post is found on Geeks, and it’s called What do You Treasure Most in Life. Not only did I have to stop and take time to think this through for myself, but I also am curious to see your answers. Reading through the thread, it’s heartening to see that many people place their family/kids/friends at the top of their lists. Too often, we let the material get in the way – or at least our quest for what’s tangible. Kat summed it up beautifully, reminding us:
Even with the economy in the toilet – we have much to be grateful for in life, and much to treasure. Don’t let a minute of life pass you by without remembering things like this.
We are seeing news articles daily about people taking their lives over losing their jobs, or falling far behind in their bills. Heck, we’re even reading about people who are taking the lives of others – including their own children. We hear of the layoffs, and many of you have been affected by them yourself. But when you take a moment to stop and really think – you are still blessed. You have family and friends who love you. You have your health (hopefully!) and mental well-being. You have your brain, and the ability to think, do and create. You have your freedom (in most countries). You have YOU.
While you’re thinking about your answer to the topic question, why not take a read through some of the other interesting things found today on Geeks and Lockergnome?
- The State of Texas has banned Microsoft Vista from government use!
- What are the best electronic kits to buy?
- Do we really want another Terminator?
- IBM has thrown in the towel, and is walking away from negotiations.
- Do you need a desktop camera tripod?
- YouTube has launched video ads – and the public isn’t happy.
- What are your favorite quotes or sayings?
- What do you use for a KVM switch?
- Walgreens is laying off employees and cutting benefits – but offering free health care to the unemployed.
- Are the expectations too high for Ubuntu 9.04 Beta?