As I was browsing around the many social sites today, I came across a thought-provoking post on Geeks. The writer states:
While I do not believe that micro-blogging outlets such as Twitter are bringing on the death of the mainstream media, I do believe that it has forced them to re-think how they do business. Gone are the days of the six o’clock news. We live in a world where information is delivered to us within seconds, via outlets such as Twitter.
What do you think? Are social media sites such as Twitter killing off the “mainstream media”? While you’re thinking about that, why not take a read through some of the many other topics people are talking about today?
- Is there an Apple Desktop event on the horizon?
- How can you increase the range of your wireless network?
- Stop spending so much money in the grocery store.
- Twittering the miracle on the Hudson
- Do you have a theme song?
- Seagate is providing firmware updates for failing hardware.
- What do former employees have to say about Google?
- Students are harnessing the power of Technology.
- The Conflicker Worm is striking again already.
- Is your computer security up-to-date?