This is Kerri Reed’s submission for the HP Magic Giveaway. Feel free to leave comments for this article as you see fit – your feedback is certainly welcomed! If you’d like to submit your own how-to, what-is, or top-five list, you can send it to me. Views and opinions of this writer are not necessarily my own:
The HP Magic Giveaway is an extraordinary blessing. If I win this awesome contest, it would change the lives of many people in my community. Not only would I have the opportunity to give computers to deserving organizations, but I would also be able to help my family as well. Here are my top five reasons for entering this contest:
- My sister passed away over the summer, leaving her four children in my care. I am a single parent of one child with learning disabilities, and home schooling him without a computer has been very hard. As it is, my sister’s children are grief-stricken and withdrawn. The transition from North Carolina to California has been difficult for them all. If I were to win this fabulous contest, I would first give one computer to my family. This would enable my son to raise his grades in school, and would help my sister’s children to create a public memorial online for their mom. It would change their lives in an extraordinary way.
- We live in a low-income area of the Inland Empire. There are not enough funds in the local schools to afford adequate computer hardware. I have personally taught in the local elementary school near my home, and there are children there who have never had the opportunity to learn on a computer. If I win this contest, I will give one of the computers to my local elementary school, so they can bring the magic of computers into the classroom.
- I am an animal rescuer. I have saved countless animals in my area over the past ten years. I save homeless dogs off the street, and rescue pregnant cats from the bushes near my home. It is a tireless effort, but worth it! My local animal shelter operates with very little funding from the city. Their computer systems are adequate, at best. They do not have the equipment necessary to network with animal rescue organizations across the state, and this leads to healthy animals being euthanized every day. If I win this contest, I will give one computer to my local animal shelter to help them save as many animals as they can. This is a true passion of mine.
- After receiving my teaching credentials, I began to notice the gaps in the education system. One area that is severely lacking in volunteers is the tutoring program. If I win this contest, I will use the HP computer from this contest to tutor local children after school. It is so important for children to have access to technology, especially in today’s tech-driven society. Having a computer to teach reading will enable them to learn faster, and have a higher retention rate. This would make such a positive impact on their academic success.
- Lastly, I entered this contest because I would love to share this amazing prize with those that need it the most. We live on very little, and I have to work nights just to keep a roof over our heads. We cannot afford a Christmas tree, or even presents this year, and a new computer would mean the world to us. Please consider my family in this unbelievable giveaway!