We all have to take notes at one point in our lives. Whether you’re in school or doing some sort of research for work or home, you’ll find yourself needing to organize information. In the ‘old days’, you just had paper to organize your notes in. What can you do these days? Luckily, there’s a free service that is tied into a free online account that will help you keep track of all of your data, research and notes. Evernote is available for both Mac and Windows.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information in any environment using whatever device or platform you find most convenient, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
How do you get your stuff into Evernote?
- Create Create new notes using desktop, web, and mobile versions of Evernote
- Snap Take a snapshot using your camera phone or webcam. We’ll even recognize the text in the image.
- Clip Clip entire webpages, screenshots, and just about anything else you can copy
- Drag-n-drop Drag and drop content into the desktop clients for Mac and Windows
- Email Email notes directly into your account using your personalized email address
- Scan Scan receipts, recipes, tags, brochures, and anything else into Evernote
- Record Record audio wherever you are and listen to it whenever you want
You should definitely give this a try. The future is keeping things online… not in a single notebook.