It seems as though everyone is always determined to lose weight and get in shape with each New Year. Here are some tips to get you started on that track, and keep you there.
- Frequency You have to work out regularly in order to see positive changes in your body. If you want to lose weight for example you will need to increase your aerobic activity level. You will need to regularly work our 3-5 times per week (min 3).
- Intensity Work hard and good things will happen. You have to strive to work just a bit harder than your last workout or you will not make improvements. If you are doing push-ups and the most you can do is 25 the next time try to do 26 or so. To incorporate technology into your workout buy a heart rate monitor and spend more time in your target heart rate in each consecutive workout.
- Type Do both resistance (push-ups, sit-ups, free weights, ect.) and aerobic (running, swimming, biking, ect) exercises at every workout.
- Time Time is the simplest to manage. Divide your resistance workouts into at least 3 sets of 10-15 reps. Your aerobic workouts should last at least 20 minutes, but could be longer.
- Fun For heavens sake, do something that you enjoy. If you like to swim…..swim. If you like to run. Run. If you’re doing something you like chances are you will stick with it and it will become a habit.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: