I personally use Microsoft Outlook 2007 in an Exchange environment for my email. I’ve used Eudora in the past, and wasn’t very happy with it. However, CalgaryGuru sent me the top 5 reasons he uses Eudora instead of the Apple Mail. By the way, he is also using Tiger (10.4) and not Leopard (10.5).
- Images pasted into Apple Mail are automatically converted to .tif format. If I wanted them as a .tif, I would have saved them that way.
- With Apple Mail, you can only send messages that are plain text or Rich Text Format. You can’t send an HTML email.
- Speed… the more saved messages you have, the slower Apple Mail gets. For power users, this is crippling when trying to work.
- Apple Mail has no formatting controls in the message window.
- If a message has styled text and images both, Apple Mail will send it out twice. With Eudora, you can send them as one regular message.
What email client do you use, and why do you prefer it? What things about it make it better than the rest? Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: