The new Eye-Fi is a wireless memory card. It automatically uploads pictures from your digital camera to your PC or Mac and to your favorite photo sharing, printing, blogging or social networking site.No cables, no waiting, no hassles. At its core, this is a nice product and has a lot of promise. I would say it needs some improvement, and here are my recommendations:
- Doesn’t support Safari on OS X.
- Can’t log into management console without the utility running.
- Manager link isn’t found on the regular eye.fi site.
- Can’t upload to multiple services.
- Can’t choose what to upload – it uploads every photo.
- Can’t add or remove default tags.
- Can’t rename photos before they’re passed along.
- Account information isn’t retained across browser sessions.
- Can’t upload without access to a vetted access point.
- Must change camera’s “power saving” settings, since the camera has to stay on in order to transfer.
The packaging is nice, the card works. It’s simple to use. Now if only these recommendations can be addressed, I’d be a very happy person!
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: