Even though many people walked out during the SXSW keynote today, delivered by Evan Williams, there was a very interesting announcement made. The new platform will allow publishers to integrate Twitter deeper into their site and recreate the “open, engaging interactions” their readers expect from using Twitter “without sending them to the Twitter website itself.”
Using the new platform, users can identify and follow Twitter users on third-party sites without ever leaving that site. Some of the ones that will soon use this new service include Yahoo, Bing and Digg. This lets publishers make sure their audience is aware of their Twitter feed. The user can also elect to follow a site’s feed without ever leaving the actual site. This lets you get more followers, and allows Twitter to bring more users to their site, as well. According to Ev, Twitter is launching the service because it wants to make it easier on everyone to use Twitter. Given their growth has recently slowed, it makes sense to try to bring the service to the attention of more users.
What are your thoughts? Do you believe this new platform is a big step in the right direction for Twitter?
- BrightTALK is hosting a next-generation data center summit.
- It’s time for work. Leave your ego at the door. Kthxbai!
- Why is the boot device unavailable after replacing the motherboard?!
- What free Mac Apps are essential to have?
- I have an ulcer, and its name is Dell.
- How do you make the social media scene secure in a business environment?
- How do you create private folders within Microsoft Office?
- Motally is great to use for gaming analytics.
- What laptop – and operating system – is the right one for an IT Pro?
- Are you a fan of Adobe Photoshop Elements?
- Have you had trouble with websites not loading since upgrading to Windows 7?
- How can a blind soldier read and see through his tongue?!
- Go ahead – put a Recycle Bin on the Windows 7 taskbar.
- Could Back to the Future movies destroy dreams?
- The Project for Excellence in Journalism reports that the majority of people won’t pay to read news online. Duh!
- How can you save money if there’s so little left over out of each paycheck?
- Why should you install Microsoft Security Essentials?
- Can our economic woes be tamed with high inflation? You decide.
Don’t forget to stop by the software center to see what’s new today!