Anyone who has ever lost any weight will tell you that keeping it off is often harder than losing it to begin with. I am no exception. Here are some tips to help you stay fit and maintain your weight.
I know I said I was going to get back on my Gazelle at the beginning of the year. I keep getting distracted by life… and putting off the exercise. It’s something I really need to do. My weight is ok, and I’m still within my range. It doesn’t take me much time to lose five to ten pounds, thankfully. I don’t need help with motivation, I just need to set myself a schedule or goal. Wouldn’t it be easier if we made this a group effort, and make each other accountable? Hmmm. Maybe we should do this!
Here are some tips for maintaining a lean body.
- Avoid foods with refined sugars in them, such as candy, sugared sodas, etc. These are horrible for your body.
- Track your calories by measuring your portions, and weighing your food. You’ll know how much fuel you’re putting into your body.
- Reduce fatty foods, such as red meat. Try to stick with chicken or fish.
- Don’t cut fat out of your diet entirely. Your body needs fat, and especially essential fatty acids. Oil is important.
- Eat more often throughout the day. Six smaller meals instead of three large ones tend to speed up your metabolism and satisfy you easier.
- Increase your daily exercise. Thirty minutes per day will help, even if you’re only walking. Try to add in some type of cardio and resistance training.