Do you remember that song? If you’re as old as I am, then I know you’re singing it in your head now, simply from reading the title. It’s true, you know. We ‘get by’ with the help of our friends. Sometimes, they may not even realize they are helping us, yet they do – simply by being there. Life is full of unexpected surprises, both good and bad. We can’t always be superman (woman!) and just handle everything on our own.
It’s ok to reach out to someone when you’re hurting/mad/confused/pissed off. It’s ok to need someone to talk to. It’s ok to need your friends! After all, they need you, too!
So why am I writing about this, anyway? It’s not some deep thought, nor a cry for help, I promise! I just happened to hear the song on the radio a bit earlier, and it made me remember how thankful I am to have such an awesome circle of friends surrounding me. I hope that you have that in your lives, as well!
One great way to make new friends is to reach out to like-minded people on social networking sites, like both Lockergnome and Geeks. Search through titles of posts and read things that interest you. Here, let me make it easy on you!
- Fear the penguin!
- What effects does passive smoking have on your health?
- Have you heard about T-Mobile and the YouPhone?
- Do you have your head in the Cloud?
- Facebook has improved their iPhone App.
- iPhone Apps aren’t suitable for business use after all?!
- Take a peek at Fences, a free app to organize your desktop!
- Bing is continuing to have a problem with fake referrers.
- Br.st is attempting to pop the URL-shortening bubble.
- Yahoo makes videos bigger, okay?
- SEO remains the same.
- Your weight problems are easily solved!