I had to chuckle when I read Decimic’s question on Lockergnome earlier. Up for discussion is what our lives would be like if computers had never been invented. A few of the answers are funny, with people gasping over the fact that they would have to go back to reading books or drawing pictures. Heck, they might even have to go outside!
One answer in particular caught my attention, though. EoinMuurphy stated simply that “No one can answer this, because we have become so engulfed into the computer world that it’s almost impossible to think what life would be like without it.” Boy, ain’t that the truth? Can you even begin to imagine what your life would be like right now if there were no computers? Sure, we’d all like to think we’d have more time on our hands if we weren’t attached to our machines. Is that really true, though? Wouldn’t your work take up even more of your time without the aid of your various devices and gadgets?
Personally, I don’t even want to think about what my life would be like without a computer nearby. I’m not quite sure how this whole live-streaming thing would work. What do you think? Do you want to imagine a life without computers long enough to ponder what you might be doing differently in life?
- Did Woz really tell people to use a phone OTHER than the iPhone?
- Being a rabid fanboy can cause issues even within a family.
- Do borders between countries exist online the way they do in the physical world?
- A couple of old friends are making their return to MTV.
- Dioxin is still a problem after all these years.
- Why is Adobe a large target for hackers?
- How do you determine which wireless carrier has better speed capabilities?
- If you are a World of Warcraft player, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Cataclysm expansion?
- Which is more important to you: a new room that could save your life or a home theater system?
- Could Disc Pod be right for you?
- Do you ever read the License Agreement when you install new software?
- Scientists have developed a non-toxic oil recovery agent.
- Having to go to the hospital can be a nightmare of epic proportions.
- BP seems to have successfully capped the oil spill – for now.
- Are there any reliable open-source network monitoring tools?
- Which brand of external hard drive do YOU prefer?
- American Express is introducing yet another awesome travel benefit.
- Could Windows 7 be to blame for an overheating problem?
- What are your predictions for Apple’s press conference tomorrow?
- Is Apple in trouble due to the iPhone 4 antenna issues?
- Students receive deep discounts on Windows 7.
- Does the Xbox 360 Dashboard need an overhaul?
- Google spent more than $100 million in its defense against Viacom.
- Let your attendees choose which meetings they want to be present for.
- Google is pleading its case for fiber conduit.
- Could the Internet be the most addictive drug of all?
- Do we need to have Mel Gibson call Steve Jobs in order to the the iPhone 4 fixed?
Since we DO happen to have computers and devices in our lives, we gathered together all of the best software and apps you could possibly need to make your life easier.