So much of our Geeky attention was focused on WWDC today that the Windows announcement seemed to slip through the proverbial cracks. The team from Redmond told TechEd attendees that a public beta of Windows 7 SP1 should be available next month. The official release is expected later this year. IT administrators should be ready for the beta to arrive. This will give you the opportunity to check for compatibility and integration testing when getting ready to transition to the service pack.
According to the official press release, “SP1 will not contain any new features that are specific to Windows 7 itself. For Windows 7, SP1 will simply be the combination of updates already available through Windows Update and additional hotfixes based on feedback by our customers and partners. In other words, customers can feel confident about deploying Windows 7 now!”
Speculation is that Microsoft is pushing out the beta quickly in the hopes of attracting more enterprise customers. If the operating system is already this secure, why haven’t you upgraded your business yet? Thoughts?
- Is Adobe Audition coming to the Mac?
- What are your thoughts about WWDC?
- Which Linux distro do you prefer?
- How do Geeks change the world?
- Soluto anti-frustration software is more than just a boot manager.
- Drink Coca-Cola and earn some pretty cool rewards.
- A major iTunes update will be released with iOS 4.
- How many of your WWDC predictions were correct?
- Do you pre-order games before they are officially released?
- Would you rather have an HTC Evo 4G or the new iPhone 4?
- The climate change is leading to major vegetation shifts around the world.
- Microsoft’s Channel 9 team recently spoke with WeatherBug about Silverlight, Bing Maps and Windows 7.
- Google Maps is being previewed within Gmail and Buzz.
- Would you go see a remake of the Three Stooges movie?
- What are your favorite games to play online?
- Windows Phone 7 demonstrates more Enterprise-level features.
- Do you need some Geeky how-to videos to help you assemble your home theater system?
- What site do you purchase airline tickets from?
- Does Steve Jobs imagine a future full of “post” PC devices?
- Are you happy with your Internet speeds?
- Dogs can play games on the iPad – and win!
- Do you feel trapped in your AT&T contract?
- Are Geeks in favor of gun control?
- Do you support Arizona’s immigration law? Cast your vote at MSNBC.
- What is the killer feature in the iPhone 4?
Be sure to stop by our downloads center to see what we have for you today.