If you’ve ever had to search for something on Twitter, you know how difficult and frustrating it can be. First, the site only lets you search back through a couple weeks of tweets. Worse than that is the fact that you cannot narrow down whose tweets you will see in your results. This often means that you’ll be inundated with spam and other junk you weren’t looking for in the first place. Thankfully, Topsy seems to be getting it right.
Topsy is a simple search engine, powered only by tweets. Topsy doesn’t think the Internet is a collection of documents. They see that people are connected in a web of relationships. When you search for something on Topsy it finds snippets of conversations that match what you’re looking for. They ranks results based on how well they match your search terms, and the influence of the people talking about them.
If you haven’t checked it out yet, you probably should head on over there now. Topsy results are fresh, because they’re based on what you’re talking about right now. However, they can also find out what you were talking about months ago, which is something Twitter itself hasn’t figured out how to do yet.
- HP goes Green in the English countryside.
- What are your thoughts thus far on Google Buzz?
- Are you excited about Opera coming to the iPhone?
- Are you trapped in the “White Blight” in the U.S.?
- Those who throw stones shouldn’t live in glass houses.
- Tell us how you really feel about Facebook’s new look.
- Where do you come up with ideas for your business models?
- Do you use Twitter for work?
- What games are being released this week?
- Do you know how to find your product key?
- Do you need help with spelling when you are typing?
- Do you have dating and relationship secrets?
- Microsoft is responding to the Windows 7 battery problem.
- Customize your theme colors in Word 2007.
Don’t forget to stop by our software download center to see what deals we have for you today!