I couldn’t help but smile as I read a post on Geeks earlier. The original author reposted a story that she had read somewhere. There is no attribution, simply because it was originally posted online by someone who wished to remain anonymous. The story tells about a kind act the person did for a teenager in need. At the end of the story, the Geeks poster says that it always makes her smile, knowing that the World we live in isn’t so bad, after all.
I have to agree. This World really isn’t so bad. I witness and read about random acts of goodness on a daily basis. The work that my friend Mark Horvath is doing with homeless people touches my heart constantly. The work our buddy Drew Olanoff to help raise cancer awareness is astounding. People just like you are making a difference, one small random act of kindness at a time.
What is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for another person? It doesn’t matter if you did not help a homeless teenager and her baby return home. Every act, no matter how small they seem to you, make a big impact on someone’s life. Any time the opportunity arises to help someone else, we should grab it.
This wasn’t the only great thing posted in our community today. I’m proud to say that we have an amazing network of people, working hard every day to bring the latest news, reports, opinions and emotions to life within our small corner of the World.
- Does China own our computer future?
- Data Breaches – the Insanity Continues
- A bad PE teacher can lead to a lifetime of inactivity.
- If you’re interested in being a guest blogger on Lockergnome, now is your chance!
- Will computer costs rise this year, despite the bad economy?
- In order to plan for 2010 successfully, you first need to stop making resolutions.
- Are votes being sold online?
- The solution is less, not more.
- How is your human computer doing?
- Between the iPhone and Nexus One complaints, MagicJack looks better every day to some people.
- Does Microsoft have it all wrong?
- Twitter needs to change its ways before it goes down the same path that MySpace did.
- Could “fanboys” be hurting Apple?
- Should the phone companies just give up?
- Would you rent Windows?
Don’t miss out on the best deals you’ll find for the hottest new software! You can find all of your Apps and software right on our downloads site.