During the LeWeb conference yesterday, Queen Rania of Jordan was one of the featured speakers. If you aren’t familiar with who she is, you are probably wondering why she was a speaker at a technology and social media conference. Before I explain what she talked about – I have to say that she was one of the best and most motivational speakers I’ve had the pleasure of watching in a very long time. She is definitely one amazing lady.
Her Highness spoke about social networking, and asking if we are truly using it for creating social change. She touched on the fact that while we jump on the bandwagon to tweet and blog about important political and cultural situations – we are just as fast to switch gears and discuss celebrities. With that being the case, how, then are we really working towards any type of change for the better?
When we drop something important that could truly make a difference in favor of the hottest new gossip, we are dropping the ball on humanity. Queen Rania asked us to join her on One Day, One Goal. The concept is simple, but could have an amazing impact. Even if you have a cause you’d rather favor than education, you can still participate. Set aside one day to focus on one goal. Tweet and blog your heart out. Pour your passion into what it is you believe strongly in. Dedicate yourself to that goal for the day.
It’s time we stop sitting on our proverbial asses, talking about change. It’s time we actually get up and DO something about it.
Even though Queen Rania was very powerful in her presentation, we have community members right here at home who post amazing things every day. All of you discuss what is important to you, what you believe in, and what you feel is interesting to the rest of us. Keep up the great work!
- Google remains the king of search.
- How much do you know about old computers?
- Superdrive – loud is not allowed.
- What are the top five HDTVs this season?
- Why is it that OpenBSD rocks?
- Burger King is facing a hefty lawsuit – for spam.
- How do you access and use Twitter?
- Is Facebook turning in to Twitter?
- What screen recording software do you recommend?
- MSI is showing off the next generation of the AMD platform.
- There is even more malware being discovered running on Linux.
- What is the cost of a “free” game?
- Is AT&T going too far with data restrictions?
- How is Twitter making money for Dell?
I hope you took the time today to check out our downloads page. It’s like the box of chocolates that Forrest Gump loves so much – you never know what you get until…