The Internet has been saturated today with content about the iPad. Everywhere you look (including here on my own site), you’ll find blog posts, pictures, videos and teasers. Some of the information was educational. Some of it was funny. Some of it makes me even more anxious for my own iPad to show up on my doorstep in a few hours. Nothing that I have come across, however, has been as entertaining as Robert Scoble’s tweet stream.
Robert got into line (first in line!) at the Palo Alto Apple store Friday morning at 11:00 AM. The Apple store there doesn’t open until 9:00 AM on Saturday to start selling the iPad. Yes, folks… that is 22 total hours the man will spend in line. My first thought was that he was absolutely freaking insane. As I read the tweets floating by, though, I began to realize how truly genius of a move this was. Not only is Scoble going to be the first at that store to buy the iPad, he’s also spending some quality time with some very cool people.
Reportedly, Chatroulette creator Andrey Ternovskiy is hanging out in the line. Not only is he coming up with new ideas for his service, he agreed to finally give in and join Twitter. There are a few venture capitalists milling about. Let’s hope several locals were smart enough to brush up their business plans and join the fray.
At one point, Will Park was streaming the show live – thanks to Scoble’s generator. Sadly, though, the Po-Po came and made Robert shut down the generator. That particular tweet had me laughing so hard I nearly had a “moment” I cannot share here. Sorry, dude… that’s just funny.
The point of this post isn’t to poke fun at Scoble, even though that is admittedly fun to do. The point, my friends, is to show you that hanging out in a line for more than 20 hours in front of a building is about FAR more than a buying a device. You never know who you will run in to – or what could happen – in line at the Apple store!
- The iPad is making its American debut in just a few hours.
- How can you be Geeky with a shoestring budget?
- Can you repair a corrupted user profile?
- When should you NOT go to the dentist?
- PocketSmith can help you create a budget – and stick to it.
- Why should you NOT buy an iPad?
- Could Slate PCs be the next big thing?
- Where do you turn when Windows goes wonky?
- Will you be hunting for colored eggs this weekend?
- Beginning April 4th, expect to find new deals for upgrading to Windows 7 – with limitations.
- U.S. Senators are warning of a Cyberwar threat.
- What is your go-to choice when buying a new graphics card?
- Does your taskbar freeze in Windows? How do you thaw it out?
- SSD or Velociraptor – that is the question.
- Are HD videos on YouTube actually high definition?
- Ubuntu 10.10 has gotten a name!
- WHY would you put bunny ears on your pets?
- Attend meetings online using GoToMeeting on your iPad.
- WeatherBug for the iPad is Meteorologist goodness Apple-style.
Keep your computers and mobile devices up-to-date with the hottest software available.