Reports this morning – including on the official Sprint site – claimed that webOS 1.4 would be hitting Palm Pre and Pixi handsets beginning today. While some customers have already received the update, others are gnashing their teeth while waiting for answers. The article that showed up on Sprint’s site this morning has now been pulled, leaving customers wondering what in the heck is going on.
Not only is this a basic bug fix and feature update, it also includes a very important feature: Flash 10 will be included for those using a Pre. Finally… Flash on a mobile device! Full Flash 10 support would require an Adobe plug-in, which was reportedly going to be available soon from the Palm App catalog.
There are reportedly also a number of important bug fixes with this release, including:
- Time Zone bug fixed
- Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time
- Bluetooth car-kit transition to device corrected
- No EV icon bug fixed (random)
- Random browser formatting bugs fixed
- Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming
- Missing Contact issue specifically with swap down to 184.108.40.206 or less
The question now is… where did the update go? Why has it been pulled? When can customers expect to receive the much-anticipated upgrade to their device? It will be interesting to keep an eye on this as the day progresses.