Super Bowl Sunday is famous for something other than just football! It’s also all about the snacks you put out for everyone to nom on during the game! I had to call in an expert, since I’m not a football person myself. Thankfully, my Dad is here visiting and could give me a hand. I’m also not a cook, so I am grateful that Imei was here to lend a hand with food preparation!
Imei helped us come up with five traditional Super Bowl snacks, as well as five not so traditional ones! I’m happy to report that all of them are yummy, and sure to be a big hit with your crowd!
- Chips with guacamole dip or 7 layer bean dip – We used Fritos’ Scoops, and got store bought pre-made guacamole. If you want to go with homemade, use ripe avocados, diced red onions, and minced jalapeno pepper. The bean dip was also store bought, but it has refried beans, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, guacamole, lettuce, and salsa. I would add a top layer of crumbled bacon bits just to make you die and go to heaven!
- Sliders – Mini hamburgers plus 2 or 3 accompanying sauces to choose from! We used grain-fed ground beef, formed into two inch in diameter patties, one inch high, cooked on stove top with light oil until juices run clear. Add some Tomato slices, onion, ketchup, and dijon mustard.
- Nachos – Add melted shredded cheese, ground beef, sliced olives, pepperonchinis. We used whole wheat multi-grain Tostitos brand chips (there’s still corn in it, but less).
- All-beef franks/wursts with sauerkraut – Hebrew all beef franks, boiled five minutes.
- Veggie tray with assorted dips – You can easily buy these at the store, or make up your own! It’s fun doing your own, and choosing the types of veggies and dips you want to have on hand.
- California Sushi Roll – You can use crab, but we used cooked wild salmon, which can be mashed with Rooster (hot sauce) or soy with Wasabi mustard; sushi rice with rice vinegar; seaweed on the outside. Roll and slice with sharp knife.
- Prosciutto and Feta cheese – We used store bought Proscuitto, wrapped it with a spoonful of Feta cheese, and sporked it with a toothpick.
- Fondue with apples and bread cubes for dipping – We used Laughing Goat Cheese, melted in the microwave! Add two tablespoons of Martini and Rossi or Vodka. Cut up some Granny Smith apples and cube some thick bread for dipping.
- Tempura chips and fries – Instead of regular batter, use Tempura batter – took some of the salmon and dipped in Tempura batter (buy at store, add water and whisk gently). Cook thoroughly on stovetop. You can also Tempura vegetables, including green beans. This is a great way to get men to eat their vegetables! Use a good vegetable oil without transfats.
- Boiled soybeans encrusted with rock salt – Edamame can be found in the frozen food section. Boil for five minutes and then drain. Add a tablespoon of rock salt.
Thanks to Imei, I know that my Super Bowl snacks will be a huge hit this year! What’s your favorite Super Bowl snack of all time?! What can’t you live without during the big game?
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: