This app amazed me so much that I had to get Kat out of bed to help me record this video while she was here visiting. She had the flu, but was still extremely impressed with how well Prizmo can capture text and display it beautifully on the iPhone. It really is THAT good.
Prizmo lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, bills, and whiteboards, then share the results across your computers and with other people through the Cloud. I used it to scan a document that Kat had written for a speech she gave at Gnomedex. The volunteer team got together and surprised me with a very cool LEGO gift which Kat presented. She had her speech printed out, so I decided to use Prizmo to capture it and save it in my phone for posterity.
It… worked. I’m not sure how to explain how good this really is, folks. The scanned text is crisp and clear. Once I white-balanced it, I was actually shocked into saying “OH!” It was even more awesome and perfect.
There are several features included with this app:
- Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, copy/paste from other apps.
- Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, white picker.
- Highly accurate OCR technology in 10 languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish.
- No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent.
- Text-to-Speech available through In-App Purchase: 35 high-quality voices in 10 languages for reading scanned texts.
- Many Export Options: copy the recognized results as a text, send scanned documents and vCards using iPhone’s native mail application, Dropbox & CloudApp integration, text translation (Google Translate)…
- Document Viewer
- Stylish UI, with full support of Retina display
If you are busy, you need something like Prizmo in your arsenal.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: