If you’re on Facebook, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Recently, we’ve seen more than our fair share of chain messages making their way around, but not in our Inbox. These lovely little pieces of garbage are being sported right in the status boxes of thousands of profiles! One message claimed that if you re-posted it as your status, Facebook would donate a dollar to the Haiti relief efforts. Yet another was supposedly only for women. They were supposed to post their color of certain undergarments in their status pane, leaving the men to guess what it referred to.
It was only a matter of time, I suppose, before things like this made their way onto social media platforms. We’ve already had to deal with “legitimate” spam, of course. Now, we have to try not to tear out our hair every time we see yet another of these over-forwarded messages on Facebook and even Twitter. I promise you… Facebook isn’t donating a dollar for every person that posts that particular message. And, of course, you aren’t going to see some random woman’s bra or panties if you post the color of them in your status!
Just think about what you’re doing before you blindly click on or forward a link? And if you need links to click on, try these – posted by our community today. Keep up the great work, everyone!
- Refer people to MyLikes and Win an Apple iPad or MacBook Pro and make $4 per influencer!
- Do publishers always get it right?
- Will you be watching the Grammy Awards this weekend?
- Do people really buy big screen televisions just for Super Bowl Sunday?!
- How do you fully remove applications in OS X?
- Is Cyber Warfare becoming the norm?
- Do you believe Windows XP users should upgrade to Windows 7?
- Twitter is saying NO to censorship.
- Oracle has released a statement to assuage fears regarding Sun.
- How can authorities effectively enforce the new texting regulations?
- Do you need yet another Wii accessory?
Don’t forget to take a moment to stop by our software center to see what hot new software deals we have for you today!