I want my M. Teeeeee. Veeeeeeeeeeee!
Okay, so I can’t sing the song very well. Who cares? This is pretty big news, and it’s an awesome opportunity for someone out there. MTV wants to hire what they are calling (for now) a Twitter Jockey. The company plans to pay 100 THOUSAND dollars to the person selected to fill this all-important role. After witnessing how the Twitter network blows up every time something “big” happens on the network, the powers-that-be decided they needed someone to handle this flow of traffic on a permanent basis.
The winner of this contest will hold the position of MTV TJ. They’ll get to attend red carpet events, mingle with celebrities, spend their days tweeting and bring home a very sweet paycheck. 18 finalists have already been chosen to compete, but it’s not too late for you to throw your hat in the ring. You’ll need to “Like” the ZYNC from American Express Page on Facebook. After you have done that, you’ll be able to nominate anyone on Twitter for this promotion – including yourself.
If you plan to enter – good luck to you!
- Starbucks will offer free Wi-Fi beginning July 1st.
- Follow Finder analyzes public social graph information (following and follower lists) on Twitter to find people you might want to follow.
- Do you have troubles getting Safari to load at times?
- The Boxee Box by D-Link looks great. Where is the content, though?
- Do you prefer classroom or online learning?
- Where do you download fonts from?
- What types of technology do you feel will be obsolete in ten years?
- Are you a Straight Talk customer?
- Are you going to purchase the new Xbox 360?
- How will virtual reality shape our lives in the future?
- What is the worst computer glitch you’ve ever experienced?
- Will HP, Dell and Acer be the first to get the Google Chromium OS?
- Do background images on search engines even matter?
- What type of forum software do you like to use?
- Do you feel Apple *should* adopt Flash on their products?
- How long should you charge an iPad battery for the first time?
- Can you tether your iPhone to Ubuntu?
- Which are your favorite Ning sites?
- Are you a Stephen King fan?
- Getting your local weather via Twitter is a marriage made in Heaven.
- An AT&T security hole exposed over 140,000 email addresses to hackers.
- Is healthcare a “right?”
- Yahoo and Ask are great fallback search engines.
- Google pushes forward with local tags.
- It’s official: Project Natal is now known as Kinect.
- How do you keep track of your billable hours?
You don’t have to enter any contests in order to get the latest software and apps for all of your devices.