Chicago’s famed Museum of Science and Industry wants you to live within the building for a month – in exchange for an amazing opportunity and ten thousand bucks! You’ll be expected to live and breathe science twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week from October 20th until November 18th. There are some requirements, of course, such as being able to pass drug and background screenings. You’ll not be able to have much contact with the outside world. But you will have the experience of a lifetime!
Sure you’re giving up a month of your life, but, what do you have to lose? If you’re single, this will postpone a month of bad dates, decisions, and drunk texting. And, if you’re married, it’s like a paid vacation from your spouse. Either way–it’s a win win situation. They are looking for “an adventurous, outgoing person with a strong interest in learning about science and the world around her or him, plus the ability to write engagingly about your experiences. Ideally, you’re also the web-savvy sort who can keep your thumb out of frame when taking photographs.”
In order to enter the contest, you must complete an entry package. The package will consist of a sixty-second video you record, a 500-word essay explaining your interest in this project, a completed application form, a 5″ x 7″ head shot photograph and the signed Release and Waiver.
This sounds like such a fantastic opportunity. I wish I didn’t already have previous commitments during the time period. I would have taken a shot at this myself! If any of you out there in our community decide to go for it, please let us know – and the best of luck to you!
- Should Apple have killed off the iPhone 4?
- Steve Jobs threw the rattle out of the crib.
- How do you successfully boost your website page rank on Google?
- Blu-ray Monsters are shipping soon.
- LA police have finally nabbed the Grim Sleeper.
- Does your operating system factor in anywhere when it comes to the “best” blogging practices?
- How do you protect your computer?
- How do you choose the right Identity Theft protection solution?
- Which e-Card greeting card website do you use?
- What – exactly – is an iPhone Bumper?
- Law enforcement officers are keeping a close eye on registered sex offenders in Colorado.
- How difficult is it to add liquid cooling to a new computer build?
- According to Staples, the iPhone will hit their stores soon.
- Should a new Apple user buy an iPhone 4 now, or go with the less problematic 3GS?
- Is it possible to remain anonymous through an email?
- Today’s Antennagate was interesting in many different ways.
- Have you ever shown off your custom-built machine?
- Which sites do you turn to when looking for new WordPress themes?
- According to the NHTSA, Toyota planted the driver error stories.
- Are you a regular console gamer?
- Which online backup solution do you recommend to others?
The software and apps we have gathered together for your machines and devices will never belong in a museum. We keep the most up-to-date and hottest titles available.