Mikeya asked fellow Lockergnome members if they feel that the oil spill is worse than what is being reported. It’s funny that I ran across that question today. My good friend and photographer Kris Krug just wrapped up a week down in the Gulf. He was photographing the oil spill from the air for the TEDxOilSpill Expedition, a project that aimed to collect first-hand information for presentation at a conference scheduled for June 28 in Washington D.C. Kris was also taking photographs for National Geographic.
According to Kris, we cannot begin to imagine the scope of this tragedy. ““It looks likes dirty dishwater in some places, with that rainbow, reflective sheen,” Krug recalled. “It looks like sewage sludge in others, where rusty-coloured orange and brown and black sludge is bubbling up from the bottom.” KK believes fully that BP is busy blocking true press access to the devastation. ““Every time we showed up anywhere, we were approached by guys in badges, asking us who were, what we were doing, and telling us to not cross this line or that line.”
You can find all of Kris’ stunning pictures taken down in the Gulf on his Flickr pages, including the above embedded photo.
- Facebook blocks Twitter app to look up your friends.
- How truthful is the Apple marketing about multi-tasking in iOS 4?
- How long is the iPhone 4 line at your location?
- The iPhone 4 arrived early for several lucky customers.
- Dish Network vs DirecTV: Which service gives you more bang for your buck?
- What are your experiences with iOS 4 so far? Are you encountering many bugs?
- What brand of GPS device works for both turn-by-turn directions and Geocaching?
- A Firefox vulnerability compromises WinX systems.
- Is the UK about to see a large economic and employment downturn?
- What are your biggest pet peeves?
- Which ISPs boast the fastest times in the United States?
- What options does BP still have at this point?
- How do you deal with hay fever?
- Are you a fan of Windows Live Writer?
- When there is lightning overhead, a true Geek grabs the camera.
- Should devices be made with the “average” user in mind?
- Have you had issues with discoloration on your iPhone 4 Retina display?
- My FaceTime chat buddy David Banther recorded the unboxing of his new iPhone 4 to share with us all.
- What Android devices do you have battery problems with?
- Google has won the Viacom copyright infringement battle due to YouTube.
- Are AT&Ts new data plans shortsighted?
- Mozilla has released an update for Firefox to address the plugin crashes.
There’s nothing to hide on our download center. You’ll find nothing but great deals on the hottest software and applications for all of your devices and machines.