I’ve been toying around with something new on my Facebook Fan Page today. Every hour or so, I add an open-ended question in the hopes of getting some conversation rolling. It’s been a lot of fun (and even a learning experience) to see the varied answers come floating in. The latest question I asked was “The most amazing invention I have seen come to be in MY lifetime would have to be the…”
I was disappointed to see that most of the answers center around things such as the iPhone, mobile phones in general and even the iPad. While all of these are great inventions and products, are they really the best ones of our generation? With the introduction of medical devices in the past twenty years which enhance (or even save) people’s lives, it almost seems selfish to think that my iPhone is the greatest thing brought to the world since I was born a couple of years ago.
Open your mind. What do you feel is the best invention that has been created in YOUR lifetime? Why do you think it stands out above everything else and should therefore be deemed “the best” or “most important?”
- What are the most effective ways to archive your email?
- The “WePad” has been introduced to go head-to-head with the iPad.
- Conan O’Brien heads to TBS to start a new late-night show.
- Could Reverse Engineering be considered to be ethical?
- If you could have dinner with any famous person from the past OR present, who would it be?
- If you own an Apple iPhone 2G you might as well throw it in the trash.
- Have you tried creating a video using Google’s Search Stories?
- Opera has hit a large milestone.
- Where do you see professional music production heading in the future?
- What was your first car?
- SHOULD the iPad support Flash – or not?
- How do you get through hair-pulling USB hassles?
- How dangerous are air pollutants really?
- Hospitalists are the key to the success of healthcare reform.
- Tweet while you are asleep!
- Does your school lunch suck?
- Google Buzz is getting a privacy reset.
- Apple is bringing an end to the “Get a Mac” commercials that slam Microsoft.
While software may not be the best invention ever in the history of mankind, it certainly does make our lives easier. Why not stop by the software center to see what’s new today?