By definition, a Superhero is a fictional character of “extraordinary or superhuman powers” who is dedicated to protecting the public. In my mind, though, a Superhero is something far more basic. It’s that person you know who is fighting to raise cancer awareness. It’s the man who travels the country, telling the stories of homeless people. A Superhero is a person who goes above and beyond themselves to try to make this world a little bit better for all of us.
A Superhero doesn’t have to be famous, or get much recognition. They don’t have to have their name splashed on billboards, nor their tweets retweeted by thousands. They simply do what they do because they are truly passionate about helping others. They don’t do it for fame or glory or even money. They do it because they care.
Who are the Superheroes in your life? What makes them someone you admire? I’m willing to bet we have them right here, within our own community. Let’s share their stories, and help them continue the work they love so much.
- What’s in your rootkit arsenal?
- Does TiVo give new meaning to the way we look at our television set?
- What does Bill Gates have to say about our economy?
- China has put up a wall against mobile adult content.
- What do you think we’ll see out of Apple tomorrow?
- The US has banned texting by truck drivers. Why aren’t we banning texting by ALL drivers?
- Are you a new Mac user? You may need a manual to help you figure out how to get around.
- Steve Ballmer shows his sense of humor as he autographs a MacBook.
- The Google ranking flux has been explored.
- Do children need both a mom and a dad?
- Large companies are not immune to online attacks.
- Is CompTIA getting a little too greedy?
- When making plans to attend the SuperBowl, beware of travel scams.
- Is there a science to marketing within social media?
- Use internal social networks as input into performance assessments.
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to check out what new software and apps we have today – all at discounted pricing!