I honestly thought that after all these years I had seen it all. I truly thought nothing more could completely shock me to the point where I stared at the computer screen with my mouth hanging open. We’ve seen so many silly things come across the tubes that we tend to be able to filter out and not even see the new inane things that pop up. However, reading about this particular new little invention was sort of like a train wreck: you know you have to keep going, but you cannot help but stop and stare.
The Kickbee is a belt-like device that a pregnant woman wears around her stomach. Every time the little bundle of joy kicks mommy square in the ribs or bladder, a tweet or text message will be sent out letting the expectant Daddy know. The trouble is… everyone following the momma-to-be will know, as well. Is this really something a Dad wants to see? I asked a few friends who either are expecting children or have small tots running around. Not a single one of them showed any interest at all in this gadget.
To be honest, I find it kind of creepy. What do you think?
- Your audience wants to talk to you.
- Are the iPhone 4 problems actually hurting Apple in any way?
- What specific reasons made you choose to switch your computer to Linux?
- Google will stop selling the Nexus One in the United States soon.
- Could your neighbor be a Grim Sleeper?
- Can you sell games made on Game Salad?
- So you think YOU have WiFi problems?
- When giving your credit card information to a hotel, be sure to watch your statements later for unauthorized charges.
- How much work is involved in hosting an IRC server.
- Is it time for all cell phones to be unlocked out of the box?
- What is the real Homeland Security scam?
- Do you feel Apple should just issue iPhone 4 buyers a credit instead of giving them a Bumper?
- Be careful where you order from.
- We should be asking NON-Geeks what type of technologies they would like to see in their devices.
- Is it considered to be a lie when you withhold part of the truth?
- Do you use a portable USB drive to keep applications with you?
- Are dual monitor setups recommended for the “average Joe?”
- Will you be changing operating systems the next time you buy a cell phone?
- Rupert Murdoch believes his employees all need to work harder this summer.
- How do you keep your computer running at a cool temperature?
- Does Apple’s pledge to iPhone 4 users sound hollow to you?
There’s nothing creepy about our software center. All you’ll find there is the hottest software and apps at the best prices you can hope for.