Earlier tonight, I saw people in our chat room talking about time travel. They were laughing about the places they’d like to go back to, things they might want to change in their life. Some of them wanted to meet a famous person who has long since passed on, and others wanted to simply have a “do-over” for a wrong they had committed.
This got me to thinking – would I want to travel back in time? The answer to that is no, really. Sure, there are historical figures I wouldn’t have minded knowing in person. Wouldn’t it be cool to shake Abe Lincoln’s hand? Or maybe you’d rather hug Amelia Earnhardt. I wouldn’t mind doing some of those things, I suppose. But I definitely wouldn’t want to go back and redo anything in my own life.
If I were to do that, then I wouldn’t be exactly who I am now, nor in the place I am with my life. Sure, there have been some rough patches recently. But all in all, I’m very happy with who I am, and what I’m doing on a daily basis. Going back and changing even one thing in my past would change everything that comes after. I don’t want that!
Would YOU want to go back in time within your own life, and redo things? Why or why not – I’d love to hear your answers.
While you’re debating what you would do, make sure you check out what the rest of the community has been up to!
- What do you think about iTunes blocking the Google Voice app from their store?
- Have you looked inside the Microsoft store?
- Microsoft has freebies!
- It took a 6 million dollar study to figure out that texting while driving is dangerous.
- Can brain scans read your mind?
- There is real value in personal security.
- Cozi simplifies your daily life.
- The Apple/Palm catfight
- Will moving from XP to Windows 7 be a bumpy ride?
- To beta or not to beta – that is the question.