During a live event on MTV, CMT and BET earlier today, President Obama cautioned us to behave ourselves when online. The President condemned the practice of bullying in general, cyber- or otherwise: “We have zero tolerance when it comes to sexual harassment, we have zero tolerance when it comes to harassment over a person’s sexual orientation, because of their race, their ethnicity.”
Obama hesitated to delve too deeply into the realm of online monitoring. “It is a challenging thing, because part of the power of the Internet is that information flows out there, and it’s generally not censored or controlled by any single authority.” There have been a lot of challenges made to the First Amendment as it applies to content on the Internet. Most rulings have been in favor of e-speech.
What do you think of the President’s stance against online harassment? Does he need to step up to the plate a bit harder, or is he right on the money?
- Is T-Mobile throttling your bandwidth yet?
- How well does AT&T DSL work?
- Are you paying too much for your Internet connection?
- Google is ready to reap the wind.
- Should you think of making the switch from Windows XP to Windows 7?
- Does your laptop need a Kensington lock?
- What should you do after installing the newest version of Ubuntu?
- Is Microsoft afraid of Oracle in The Office?
- How can you wire up your camera from a long distance?
- Should an ice pack be classified as a medication?
- Why should you shut down your Windows 7 laptop?
- Skype finally gets Facebook integration.
- What type of geek are you?
- How do you perform your benchmarks?
- Can your employer see your private Facebook posts?
- What mistakes do Linux newbies make?
- Is Windows XP actually “outdated?”
- Do your actual Internet speeds come close to the advertised ones?
- Does blogging still matter, and are comments still important?
- Why is having the iPad on the Verizon network a bad idea?
- How do you choose between Netflix and other services?
- Pixie’s get-well thread has nearly four THOUSAND views already. Wow! Thanks, everyone.
- Can you disable the UAC through the registry?
- Is Microsoft attacking open source?
- What are the most secure backup methods?
- The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the dock connector.
- Could your business recover from a disaster?
Please stop by and visit our software center for the apps and programs you need.