In a world of “gotta join it now” websites cropping up everywhere, we’ve become used to seeing astronomical growth on startup sites. We don’t usually so much as blink an eye when someone reports they’ve had “amazing growth” or “so much traffic the servers went down.” It happens almost every day it seems. I have to admit, though, I DID blink when I read a post over on Foursquare today. The company claims to have grown by 3400% in the past year. That isn’t a typo, nor is it an exaggeration.
I admit it – I’m not a user, nor will I ever be. I just don’t get the point of telling someone where I am at every moment of the day. Do you honestly care when your friends are at the grocery store or gas station? I digress, though… there are plenty of you who DO use the service. As a matter of fact, a whole lot of you are regular checker-in’ers. Foursquare reports that the 6,000,000th user signed up last week.
Are you one of millions who is using the service – or any other checkin site – on a regular basis?
- How does Steve Ballmer garner love and admiration by doing not much of anything?
- Are you bringing all of your Windows utilities together?
- Can you transfer calendar events from an iPhone to an Android device?
- What do you do when it hurts to use the restroom?
- There is justice in the world, after all. A man has been arrested for stealing 15,000 social security numbers.
- Will installing a game on your Xbox 360 damage it in any way?
- Make your own dyes for crafts – they’re inexpensive and safe.
- Residents of Cape Coral, Florida are being credited for the drastic drop in crime.
- Which desktop client do you use for Twitter, Facebook and various RSS feeds?
- Why is one house in Idaho being sold so far below its market value?
- Does buying new gadgets stress you out?
- Do you name your computers?
- LinkedIn InMaps helps you visualize your business connections.
- Are you having trouble finding the right tips for your earbuds?
- Do you know which graphics card to buy when it’s time to upgrade?
- Print from your phone with Google Cloud Print.
- Why aren’t you using that spare USB drive as extra RAM?
- Are you supposed to fill your secondary hard drive to capacity?
- Mozilla plans to add a “do not track” tool to Firefox.
- Play it safe with power cords and outlets.
- Why is allowing famous people to talk online patented?
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today.