Mozilla announced yesterday that the much-antipiacted Weave Sync is finally ready for the general market. Using it will allow you to sync your Mozilla experience across all of your supported devices, including your desktop, your laptop and your mobile phone.
Any pages open within Firefox on your desktop will automagically open in the mobile version. At the end of your workday, you can walk away from your desk, and continue right where you left off from your phone. All of the information is encrypted and sent through the Cloud between your desktop and your phone. This could potentially increase productivity, allowing you to finish up last-minute details and projects while riding home on the bus or train – but not while driving!
This is excellent news for many Firefox fans, and I was very happy to read this news today. There have also been many excellent things posted in our community. I’ve gathered together some of the best, in the hopes you don’t miss out on anything!
- As of March 1st, Google will no longer support Internet Explorer 6.
- How safe is your home?
- Could the “leaked” Windows 8 ship dates be true?!
- What is behind the psychology of voting?
- What advice do you have for someone just entering the IT field?
- Comcast is asking for IPv6 volunteers.
- OpenSUSE needs a new community manager.
- What types of hobbies do you have that involve your computer?
- Should Punxsutawney Phil be replaced by a robotic groundhog?
- Could the iPad be an in-flight dream come true?
- Can blocking a frown keep bad feelings away?
- Do you need open-source tax preparation software?
- Where do you turn when looking for compatible hardware to buy?
- Smokers are at risk from their own second-hand smoke.
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to check out the newest software deals we have for you!