Anonymous initiated a DDoS attack against the U.S. Copyright Office yesterday in an attempt to show their disdain against the defenders of copyright law. The site was knocked completely offline for about thirty minutes. The following few hours showed it crawling along with slow loading times and rendering it useless. Even several hours after the attacks began, most links on the site would not work.
Anonymous spearheaded Operation Payback a few months ago. Their targets to date have included the RIAA, the MPAA and the UK Copyright Office. “Anonymous sees itself as the defenders of the Internet. Anonymous is rather a loose coalition of individuals who see the crackdowns against file-sharing, done in the name of copyright protection, as contrary to the very freedom of the Internet.”
Do you feel this is an intelligent way to protest against something you believe is wrong?
- An iPhone 3G lawsuit has sprung to life.
- Are you a fan of the Mac Dictionary?
- What would it take to convince you to buy a Windows Phone 7 device?
- Could recent bomb scares put an end to in-flight WiFi?
- How is Rock Band 3 in your book?
- What are the top five scams you should be watching out for?
- What is the proper way to dispose of old cell phone accessories?
- Could you unplug from your technology for an entire day?
- Do you know how to move your life into the Cloud?
- Where are America’s most dangerous neighborhoods?
- What happens when a flash drive dies?
- Apple has increased tablet sales as Android falls behind.
- Facebook for Android has been updated to include Groups and Places.
- Are all developers out to make a quick buck?
- How would you know if you were in The MATRIX?
- When is thin NOT in?
- Just how much will Facebook Deals cost you?
- How much hard drive space do you actually use?
- Why does Comic Sans receive so much hate in the world?
- Did you know you can make your own soda pop in your kitchen?
- In what ways does your local retailer annoy you?
- Can the iPad be used as a midi keypad with Garage Band?
- What the heck is God Mode – and should I be hitting my knees before using it?
- How do you share your keyboard and mouse between machines?
- Google Buzz offers up a class action settlement – but you get nothing.
- What do you look for in an operating system?
- How can you cut down on your boot time in Windows 7?
- Should you be wearing gloves to the grocery store?
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today.