I have been following a new account over on Twitter lately. @keyboardsnark has some seriously good things to say. One of this person’s tweets earlier caused me to hit that magical retweet button faster than my fingers could click on the mouse. It said: “You have “SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERT” in your bio, but you just joined Twitter last week? You must learn new things really, really fast.” How often have we all come across someone who claims to be a social media expert and wondered WHY? Believe me, I’ve stumbled across way too many too count.
What is it that makes people label themselves in this manner? How can anyone possibly deem themselves an expert in social media when they are brand-new to the medium? Talking a lot on Twitter or Facebook does not make one an expert. Trust me on this fact. Here’s a simple fact: People will NOT take you more seriously if you say you’re an expert. They will take you seriously if someone ELSE labels you as such. You will gain far more trust, acceptance and respect if you humbly admit that you do not know everything, but that you are always willing to learn and share what you know.
- How can you use location check-in services for fun AND profit?
- Are Best Buy data transfer speeds a bit off?
- Is there anything that compares to the new AMD Fusion processor?
- When is Verizon’s 4G service coming to your city?
- By the power of… vinegar?
- Could the Galaxy Tab be an iPad killer?
- What IS a kernel, and why does it panic?
- Printer vs. geek: Who wins?
- Can your phone contract a virus?
- Why do some men prefer to have a dog instead of a wife?
- Did you know you can design and create your own Windows Start Menu?
- Natural foods aren’t always best for your pets.
- Can spaghetti sauce really be turned in to a scientific experiment?
- Should sports teams replace their referees with computers?
- Which is a better buy for a computer: more RAM or an SSD?
- For the first time in ten years, there has been a sighting of the rarest and most mystical creature.
- Intel is threatening litigation over HDCP crack usage.
- The iPad is SO innovative – or IS it?
- Would you pay to have your computer case airbrushed?
- Do you know how to launch Windows Explorer from My Computer?
- More Google App functionality is coming soon to Android and the iPad.
- How do you know what to post on Twitter?
- Which types of part-time jobs work well for college students?
- Does education fail?
- Could the top news stories actually be real?
- Would you pay for online news content?
The software you will find in our downloads center are as close to being experts as they can possibly be!