djay is an iPhone and iPod touch app that acts as a portable DJ system in combination with your iPod library. You get access to your favorite tracks and playlists via a realistic touchscreen interface. Perform live as a street corner DJ or be the life of the party from your iPhone.
Record mixes on-the-go or enable Automix mode and let djay mix your favorite playlist from your iPod library automatically. With a simple rotation of your iPhone or iPod touch, djay’s intuitive dual turntable setup beautifully morphs to each turntable individually, allowing you to beat-match, adjust EQs, loop, and cue with even greater precision and control.
Features of this awesome app include:
- Direct access to iPod library
- Hyper-realistic low-latency turntable interface
- Exclusive portrait and landscape modes
- Automix mode with automatic transition control (Fade, Backspin, Reverse, Brake, and Random)
- Automatic beat and tempo matching (BPM sync)
- Looping (Auto, Manual, and Bounce)
- Cue Point Trigger
- Live Recording (with built-in organizer for recorded performances)
- Seamless AirPlay integration (wirelessly transmit your mix to Apple TV or AirPort Express base station)
- Pre-Cueing (with optional headphone adapter)
- Full visual waveform
- High-quality scratching
- Mixer, tempo, and EQ controls
- Beat-synchronized scrubbing
- Fully optimized for iOS multitasking and background operation
Yes, you’ll find apps which are free, unlike djay. However, you will NOT find a free app that is better than this one. You get what you pay for in most cases, and that is definitely true when it comes to most apps available for your devices.
djay can turn you into the life of the party – every single time. Isn’t that “feature” alone worth its weight in gold?
Which apps are you using to become a dee-jay for a day?