MBonzo is a regular community contributor, who happens to be writing an eBook full of dating tips for Geeks. Here are his top five (or six!) tips.
- Be presentable. What I mean by this, is that you’ll never be able to get the cute girl at the party if you smell like tuna sandwiches. Stay well-groomed and find a look that suits you well. Start buying some nice clothing from places other than the salvation army. Once you have started choosing what you are going to wear, pick out a cologne that you really enjoy, this gives yourself an identity and you will boost your self confidence.
- Be Confident. It is easy to say “I am confident” but it is much different to actually be confident. Grooming yourself, working out, creating your own identity can boost your confidence in great ways. Personally…The way I came across confidence was from everyone saying that women like “a**holes.” Its not that girls like guys that steal little kids ice cream, its that they are looking for somebody that knows that they are attractive. I started jokingly boasting to my friends that I know how hot I am, I eventually developed a very cocky attitude that shows my confidence.
- Be Sociable. When I say sociable, I mean that you have to be able to have a conversation about something other than the typical nerdiness. Read the news and know whats going on in the world. When I first began mastering dating, I typically liked to read digg and the onion everyday so that when I got into a conversation with a girl I could mention more than how nice the weather is. Try to talk about offbeat things, this will make you stand out.
- Change your outlook. To start mastering dating you have to put all these tips together and create a new outlook. Be sure to view yourself from a third-person perspective to catch your mistakes. Also be aware that women are not different animals, boosting your self-esteem should bring you to the realization that you are in no way below any attractive woman.
- Just get her number. You would be surprised how easy it is to just get someone’s number when you are confident. Even if you are slightly overweight or unattractive women will not rule you out as dating material, in that sense you are lucky to be a guy. If you feel the connection just tell her you would like to meet up with her another time and ask her for her number. PLEASE DO NOT USE PICKUP LINES!!!! Sorry for the all caps but if you are interested in dating this girl just stay away from the fallen angel bit.
- BONUS TIP! Even if you consider yourself a good dater or you have a girlfriend or wife you should study body language. Go ahead and google body language to see the slight ticks that can show a girl that you are not confident being yourself. Communication is said to be 70% body language so a good goal in life is to master it. Eye-contact is probably the most important of all body language.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: