Violist is a chat room regular who has lived all his life in Alaska. Many people think there is nothing to do in this frozen land. Violist has submitted this list of things to do while in Alaska, to help dispel this myth.
- Camping Alaska is one of the most beautiful places to camp, because of the mass population of wildlife. I love the mountains, and in Alaska there are a lot mountains. On special nights, you can see an Aurora… also known as the Northern lights. The Northern Lights are so beautiful, but it only happens when it is really cold out.
- Cruise Alaska has a lot of things to see, and a cruise is one of the best things to do if you are visiting us. The cruise lines know when all the wildlife comes out, and they know where the best places to visit are. They also know the history of Alaska, and it is pretty interesting.
- Kayaking This is a perfect way to explore Alaska’s coves and all the different islands that Alaska has. Popular destinations are Kachemk Bay, Resurrection bay, Glacier Bay National Park, and Kenai Fjords National Park. These are just to name a few.
- Alaska’s State Parks Alaska has about 100 state parks across Southeastern and Western parts of the state. Denali State Park, to name one, is about 320,000 acres, and has a lot of wildlife. There are also a lot of things to do there, including visiting largest mountain in the U.S… Mount McKinley.
- River Rafting This is very fun, because you can see Caribou, bears grazing, and a lot of other wildlife. The rivers in Alaska flow pretty fast, so it is kind of dangerous because there are a lot of sharp rocks on the rivers.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: